BACKGROUND

Friday, October 8, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's been awhile since i've updated the blog because we have been super busy!

I wanted to do an entire post on the great "Mama and Papa" (Ty's parents) visit; however, to my GREAT DISMAY, we have misplaced the many, many pictures we took while they were here...lost in cyberspace...hopefully Mr. Mac Support can help us to retrieve them. Tyler and I are both sick that the pictures are missing. If we can get them back, I will certainly post them.

Mama and Papa came to visit NJ on September 8th. They met their newest grandchild at the airport and it was certainly love at first sight. They came laden with gifts for Ethan from his Canadian family members and friends. We can't express our gratitude enough for the beautiful things we received for him. People are truly so thoughtful and generous. Here are some pictures of the gorgeous toys that Papa made for Ethan. We will treasure these forever!

Pull toy

Ride-on toy


There was a lot of bonding time over the weeks Marv and Claire were here. Ethan enjoyed many walks around Hoboken with Mama and Papa. We visited Peddler's Village in Pennsylvania one weekend and the Amish country in Lancaster county PA another weekend. During Marv and Claire's stay, we also had Ethan's "hello party" for our family to meet him. It was a great time and I can't thank my parents enough for hosting such a wonderful gathering (lost these pics too - keep your fingers crossed we can get them back). As always, Marv and Claire made many home improvements to the condo...racks on the inside of the pantry doors, pull-out shelves in cabinets, shelves in closets and a few things hung here and there. Claire cooked many great dinners, scrubbed the floors, cleaned out the fridge and organized my disorganized cabinets. Thank you, thank you, thank you Marv and Claire!
Oh and how could I almost forget...Ty and I had a date night *thank you Michele, Keith, Devin and Maria for this gift*. We got dressed up and went to 340 Grill in Hoboken. What a great meal...one of the best we've had in a while! The martini menu alone could have kept me happy. Claire and Marv were surpised to see us home fairly early. We confessed to talking about Ethan and looking at his pictures and videos on our phones all night. ; )

I wish I could just freeze time for a bit. Each day that passes is a day closer to me going back to work....ugh, I can't even think about it. People keep telling me "Oh, you'll be ready to go back by then". I have been home for almost 2.5 months and I only have 2.5 months left. I am still waiting for the urge to go back to work to hit me and honestly, I don't think it will. But, I am just going to try to stop counting down my days and just enjoy each day I have with my little man.

1 comment:

  1. I'm betting you will have a tough time going back to work...being home with kids is the best..and hardest job out there!
    Sounds like your inlaws are truly special...enjoy them...
    Date nights are early nights...Ethan will care less if you got to bed late! Ha! but nice to have even a few hours alone with hubby! Glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete